Briefly: From the Library of Samantha Rose

Dear Diary,

I have not trusted a man since I was 13 and the old herbalist tried to have his way with me. Instead, I have dedicated myself to the arcane arts and to Drawmij my master. I have attempted to master the old knowledge -- to bend matter, energy and time to my will. So it is strange indeed that these last few days I have felt powerless over something as insignificant as my heart.


It snuck up on me to be sure. I have traveled with these brightly shining lobsters for some time. Their bravado is generally matched only by their stupidity. And yet... this one called Brumbar... nay, I will call him what he is... Sir Brumbar the Brave; he has stolen my heart.

The others snicker and call him the Lord of Hallerhall, though it is no place I have heard of and the joke is lost on me. No matter, wherever Brumbar is, he is lord to be sure. Llor is a harsh mistress. How often have I heard that no true master should take a spouse? And yet, I find myself staring at this man, wishing he would go through with his hints.

I can still hear his voice...

"Samantha, you want to marry me," I scoffed at the notion and the silly crown he wore, but when he spoke the words again, I found them to be true. I do want to marry him. More than anything else in the world.

Oh Diary, what will it take to make this come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment